Terms & Conditions of Hire
Tentative bookings are held for 7 days only. To confirm your booking the Function Hire Contract must be completed and lodged along with a signed copy of the Terms and Conditions to the PLYC with a 50% deposit of hire fees.
If the booking is cancelled within 1 month of the booking date the deposit will not be refunded.
All Functions will be invoiced the balance owing 2 weeks before your function with payment required 7 days before the event. All beverage accounts must be finalised on the night unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept Bank Deposit, Cash, MasterCard/Visa or Cheques made payable to Port Lincoln Yacht Club Inc. Bank deposit details are as follows:
Bendigo Bank: Port Lincoln Yacht Club Inc BSB: 633000 – Account No: 150202505 – Ref: Invoice number or full name
Please note: A credit card imprint is required 7 days prior to the event. The credit card authorisation (pre-authorisation) will be used to cover any breakage or damage which occurs during your function or event, and excess cleaning charges where the property requires a higher than usual level of cleaning as a result of your hire, along with any outstanding payments not received after your hire. You will be notified of these charges before your credit card is charged.
Setup of Functions
The setup for functions-tables, crockery, cutlery and decorations etc is hirer’s responsibility and is not included in any of the hire charges.
18th and 21st Birthday Functions
18th birthday functions are NOT permitted. 21st birthday functions are permitted in the upstairs function room only. Licensed security is compulsory for 21st birthday functions at the cost of the hirer and the hirer must give notice to the Club of the name of the security business hired for that particular function.
Organisation of catering is the responsibility of the hirer. Our Bar and Functions Coordinator can offer suggestions of providers.
The hire fees includes a standard clean, however excess cleaning will be charged at $50.00 per hour, at the discretion of the Bar and Function Hire Coordinator.
You will be supplied a key and access code to the building where applicable. The alarm must be deactivated before entering secured areas. A $50.00 false alarm fee will apply if the alarm is activated. Where required a key can be provided through our key register. Only authorized persons will be supplied with a key once a $50 cash deposit is paid. This will be fully refunded once returned.
Damage to PLYC property
Damage above wear and tear to PLYC property will be charged. This includes excess glass breakages.
- Please do not remove Club fixtures eg trophies, photos or speakers.
- Do not use sticky tape on windows as the windows have a protective coating that may be damaged.
- Confetti, petals, table sprinkles and glitter are not permitted. A cleaning fee will apply if used.
- No sticky tape on ceiling panels, walls or windows.
- Hooks have been installed around the perimeter of the room to allow hanging of decorations.
- No hanging of any items from the ceiling panels unless authorized at the time of booking with Kristy.
- Candles may only be used if a barrier is used to protect tables and carpet.
- A utensil list will be supplied for the kitchen. After a function please check to make sure items have not been removed from the Club. Replacement charges will apply.
By submitting your booking form online:
- I/We hereby accept the Port Lincoln Yacht Clubs terms and conditions for hire and confirm our booking.
- I/We agree to pay the hire fees as invoiced within 7 days of the function and agree to pay charges for any damage and extra cleaning however caused while hiring and occupying the Club as set out in the “Conditions of Hire”.
Like to download a copy of the Booking Form? Click Here Function Hire Form
Current PLYC Members and Sponsor receive a 20% discount on Hire Fees
GOLD SPONSORS = 1 free function room hire